The Power (Gone Series RP)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]It all went down the exact same way. Perdido Beach, a small town ooziing with radiation without anyone's knowledge. Then they FAYZ came and everything changed.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Solemn Thought (Open)

Go down 
+4
Kai Stryke
Nola Hollow
Tyler Bennett
Richard Staine
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:38 am

Ray screwed up his nose, he didn't like being picked out of the crowd, but he had to expect it, he had spoken out after all. Richard was right, what if he had a power? Would he rebel? That would depend entirely on the power he received. Now he was talking rubbish, he didn't have a power, why would he have a power? These mutants, these freaks, they needed to be monitored and controlled at all times. They needed a list of freaks and a list of normals. Richard was ranting about morals, Ray chose not to listen, already embarrassed by what that girl Nola had yelled at him, and now Richard was agreeing, he was only looking out for everyone.

"What is your name?"
The question was on everyone's mind, the boy who spoke out, the boy who challenged authority. Someone had to...
"Ray..." He said, "Raimundo Stryder..." He announced louder for everyone to hear. It was a name that everyone would know. Ray wasn't trying to stir up trouble, he was just looking out for everyone, he was thinking what was in the people's best interests.
Back to top Go down
Alda Vismally

Alda Vismally

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 am

Alda didn't like Richard or Ray. Richard because he didn't seem to have the appropriate qualifications to be a mayor. And Ray simply because he had snapped at her. Usually she wasn't so petty, but there was nothing usual about this situation.

She was going to speak up. But then she began to sink into the floor. And what does one do when they fall into the floor?

Alda screamed and screamed and screamed.

Last edited by Alda Vismally on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aliya Dante

Aliya Dante

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Aliya was just uncurling her fingers when she heard a new voice, and her head snapped up. She stood on the sidelines, at an angle so the boy probably couldn't see her, but she could see him. And hear him, although she half wished she couldn't. She looked around, and saw most of the other kids in the area listening to him, too.

Her hands clenched into a fist. This was why she'd kept her power a secret. This was why she had to be careful not to use it absentmindedly, out of boredom or habit. She had to try and restrict its use as much as possible, and she had to make sure that there was no one around when she used it. You couldn't trust anyone, not here, not now. Not in the FAYZ.

She crossed her arms and continued to watch the scene play out, hoping Richard, who she knew was the leader, although she'd never spoken to him, could put a stop to this.
Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Nola had been standing glaring at the uppity boy--he'd called himself Ray--with a snarl stretched across her face when abruptly someone started screaming in the crowd. Nola jumped in shock, eyes widening. From where she stood she was a bit higher than the crowd, so she was quick to locate the source of the sound in the sea of kids. To her horror and shock it seemed to be coming from a girl who was sinking into the ground itself. Holy shit!

For a moment Nola froze--everyone in the crowd froze--before many kids shrieked and pulled away from the girl, as if they were afraid they too would be sucked into the ground. That's when Nola knew, she was going to try and save the girl. A mutant? Like me? Or someone making her fall?

She didn't know if it was because she was officaly the FAYZ doctor, because she was sick of standing by, or if it was just reflex. Whatever the cause, Nola jumped from into the crowd and shoved her way through the crowd, not caring if she knocked down kids around her. Finally she got to where the girl was Nola lunged towards her, hoping--even as she reached forward--that she'd be able to hold onto her and pull her out.
Back to top Go down
Alda Vismally

Alda Vismally

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:11 pm

A girl, who's name Alda heard was Nola, reach forward in an effort to save her. Eyes wide in panic, Alda extended her hand, far enough so she could reach the Nola. But their hands did not touch. They passed right through each other. Alda let out another strangled cry and tried again and again to grab the other girl's hand, but they just passed through each other.

In a frenzy, Alda tried to stop herself from falling by placing her hands on the floor in front of her, but then she just fell forward, into the ground completely. She underground.

She stopped falling. She tried to take a breath but she couldn't! She was going to suffocate under here! She tried to dig her way up, but was weak from lack of air, eventually she gave up, realizing her fate was doomed...

Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 pm

((I'm just wondering, are you purposely trying to kill her off? Cause I'm just an ice user, I can't crack concrete....well, actually I could if there were deep enough cracks in the concrete (have you ever filled a plastic bottle with water, then stick it in the freezer? Cause as the water freezes it expands and the bottle isn't big enough to contain it) but since this is straight up pavement, I can't do anything.))
Back to top Go down
Alda Vismally

Alda Vismally

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

[i wasn't aware she was over concrete, I thought it was dirt... that's why she tried to crawl her way out. and no I don't purposely want to die LOL.

Let's pretend she's over a patch of dirt, maybe she was standing in a garden . . . xD]
Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 pm

((OHHH! That makes sense. Lol. We're in the plaza, so I figure it's mostly concrete, cause you've got to have places for people to park/walk. We'll just pretend she sunk into one of the dead flowerbeds in the plaza. Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Alda Vismally

Alda Vismally

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

[cool, I wasn't really thinking about that anyways, it's a good think you caught that (:

Now, are you just gunna let me die there? Let to saving, missy, I'll own you my life. Maybe we can get a side plot out of it, huh? (; ]
Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:01 pm

((I'm gonna have to control Alda's foot for a moment...))

Nola watched in horror as the girl slipped right through her hands. Literally. The girl didn't stop falling, in fact she slipped all the way underground, down and down until her body was gone, buried in the dusty dirt of the dead flowerbed. Just went Nola thought it was hopeless--that the girl would fall so deep no one would reach her--she noticed something. The white heel of a sneaker, just barley sticking up out of the dirt. She stopped! She stopped sinking!

But as fast as her relief came it was gone. Nola realized that underground the girl would suffocate within minutes if they didn't dig her out, and she was probably already buried under four feet of dirt, making it nearly impossible to move enough to dig her way out in time. They needed shovels, fast. They'll never get them in time! Nola mentally panicked. Then it hit. At that second she realized what she had to do. Nola closed her eyes for a moment, taking one breath, knowing what she was about to do would change everything. Then, pointing her hands to the ground--palms out--she let her power take over.

A stream of ice crystals blasted out of her palms, streaming towards the ground and solidifying. Nola heard gasp from around her, felt the kids shrink away even further, but she kept her eyes shut, concentrating on the task at hand. She was able to sense what form the ice was shaping, and within seconds lay two short shovels made completely of ice, prongs carefully place on the shafts to prevent them from slipping. She turned to Richard.

"Help me!" was all she said before grabbing one shovel and quickly started digging the dirt around where she guessed the girl's head to be.
Back to top Go down
Alda Vismally

Alda Vismally

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:34 pm

As the pressure of the dirt on top of her lifted, Alda began to take thin, shallow breaths. this makes no sense, Alda thought as she realized she was able to think, though she hadn't noticed she was breathing. though some theorists believe humans can have conscious thought after death many scientists discredit that theory, and many religious leaders- Alda she scolded herself, there is no tiMe for that! Its time to crawll crawl for your life!.

With that, Alda clawed her way to the light above.

(i apologize for any spelling or grammar errors, I'm typing this on my phone again )

w
Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Nola saw the dirt she was digging shift and quickly stopped, throwing her shovel aside. She's not unconscious! She's trying to dig her way out! Quickly Nola dropped to her knees and started digging handful's off dirt away, forgoing her shovel, which was slowly melting without her icy touch. The dirt between her and the girl got thinner and thinner as Nola dug, more of the girl's body becoming exposed.
Back to top Go down
Kai Stryke

Kai Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Kai was kind of annoyed. New people had taken over, and she didn't really have a problem with it. The problem she had was that things were getting really loud, she hated loud. Hugging her legs against her chest she watched everyone else. Too much was happening that she really didn't care about... Although she did have the sudden urge to stab things, maybe cut some things. Or just... Kill things...

Of course, she wouldn't do anything unless somebody directly approached her, which seemed unlikely, since everyone was so absorbed in they're own drama.

She sighed and leaned her head back against the back of the bench, trying to drown out the noise with violent and unnecessary thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Thought (Open)   Solemn Thought (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Solemn Thought (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2