The Power (Gone Series RP)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]It all went down the exact same way. Perdido Beach, a small town ooziing with radiation without anyone's knowledge. Then they FAYZ came and everything changed.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-- numb |open|

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Lidium opened the door to the room that she had claimed at the Clifftop Resort. She took the "Do Not Disturb" sign off of the dresser and placed it on the doorknob. She took off her t-shirt to avoid getting it dirty as she walked to the bathroom. She let her shirt fall into a pile on the floor and turned the tap onto the cold so she could stop the bleeding once she had finished what she came up here to do. Liddy had just watched some poor kid get beat to death and even she couldn't think of a way to stop it and save the poor guy.

Liddy dug in her drawers, searching for that blade. She found the blade as well as the hydrogen peroxide. She cleaned the blade with it as well as putting it on her wrist. She liked the pain that she felt with the peroxide. Liddy took in a breath as she dragged the blade across her wrist and watched the blood come from the open wound. She repeated this 5 more times before she stuck her wrist under the tap and felt the cold water hit her skin. She heard a knock on the door as well as the handle turning and someone coming into the room. The water was still running red, not pink but red.
Back to top Go down
http://perdidobeach.proboards.com/
Kara Guyara

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Kara pounded on the door on last time then stopped, turned aroung, took a deep breath and walked inside the house. He saw a very nice, cool room. Nice colours and very nice furniture. He kept turning around until he came saw the 'Do Not Disturb' sign. Kara frowned, but didn't skip to conclusions, he kept patrolling the room looking for any bad features in the room. He stopped for a second to remember why he was here...

Blood, fighting, chaos. That was what he had left behind. When all of the adults disappeared, immediantly everyone went bezerk. Fires, broken glass and danger around every corner. Usually Kara would hide under counters in nearby shops with other children so he has a place to hide and somewhere where he can he can get food. He was using that technuiqe for a good amount of 3 months: Waking up, having a loaf or bread, then practacing his levatation powers in the store. Until, one day when he was about to go to sleep in a Asda store, the was a 5 year old child twitching on the ground. At that time he decided he would have to move somewhere a little SAFER, and that brought him to Clifftop Resort. He had gone to the nearest room he was at and walked in.

Kara walked over to the middle of the room and shouted "HELLO, is anyone here!?", awaiting a responce.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Lidium heard someone shout, she looked at the bathroom door, which was wide open and her shirt lying in the middle of the bathroom. The water was running a light pink now, which was good, but it wasn’t running clear yet. She took in a deep breath as she shut the taps off and grabbed a towel to dry off her wrists. She hissed slightly in pain as she dabbed at the fresh wound on her skin. Like usual, she felt good and relieved and for a moment forgot all the blood, the fighting the wars between Freaks and Normals. “Uh… just a minute!” she shouted in response to the voice.

Liddy quickly put her shirt back on and finished drying off her wrists before she stepped out into the room, hiding her arm behind her back as she leaned casually on the bathroom doorway, “Um… can I help you?” she asked. Did he not see the “Do Not Disturb” sign on my door, Liddy thought to herself. He looked as if he was maybe eleven or ten years old. Not that she was one to judge how old someone was by how they looked, some people thought that she was sixteen or seventeen, not fourteen going on fifteen.

Her cuts still tingled slightly and she was hoping that they still weren’t bleeding, she didn’t exactly want to have to go visit the FAYZ doctor over her own dumb addiction to pain and cutting.
Back to top Go down
Kara Guyara

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:23 am

Kara frowned. 'Someone was already living here' he thought. He stepped out of the darkness and waved to the girl in the bathroom. Kara thought the girl could have been fifteen or sixteen, but he wasn't the kind of person to judge by appearance, if he looked at himself, he wouldn't be suprised if he was a seven year old boy. He shouted back, "I'm sorry," walking up to the bathroom door, "I thought this was a free ro-". Kara stopped halfway through that word as he saw the numerous cuts on the girl's arm, then he turned saw the knife in he hand, then took two steps backwards. "Are you okay?" Said Kara in a shaky voice, "Can i help?". His eyes were still fixed on he arm, butlooked away, and fixed it on the knife, ready to disarm her is needed.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 am

Lidium quickly shoved her father’s knife back into her pocket. She noticed that his eyes had landed on her wrists, “Oh yeah, I’m fine. I tripped coming up and landed in a bush. Just a few scrapes. I’ll be fine.” She said, hoping that he would buy her lie. Even she had to admit that it was a crappy lie, but she had doubts he could anything to help her stop this addiction of hers. If her father couldn’t help her, she had doubts that a kid could help her.

“Yeah um, I come up here when I need to get away from you know, the fighting.” She said, smiling to the boy, “I’m Lidium. And you are?” she asked, hoping to turn this conversation around as well as hoping that he may drop her cut on her wrists, as she had thought before, she had little desire to go and see the FAYZ doctor only to be told that she has a cutting problem that she is well aware of. She’s admitted that she has an addiction, but she still can’t find the right person to help her stop.
Back to top Go down
Kara Guyara

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Kara frowned. He had already witnessed the blood and the cuts, but it was easy to shrug it off, he was now used to it. However, he was easily gullible and belived the lie. He managed a weak smile, then said, "Hi, My name's Kara Guyara...", he took a few seconds to find something to say, "I was seeing if this room was free...but i guess it's not." He was sad at the thought of that, he NEEDED to find a place to hide.

He thought it was no use, but he still asked, "Do you know if there are any room's availible?" He stared deeply into her eyes, hoping that she would have an answer...
Back to top Go down
Boone Gilbert

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:39 pm

[Kinda messy sorry]

Hilltop Resort... sounds nice. Thought the blonde haired boy. He steadily walked up and into the hotel, eager to find a room for himself. Once he entered the main doors he stopped. He looked left then right to find that the place was more or less deserted, save a few kids that obviously wanted to be alone. That was cool. It meant they wouldn't bother him.

Boone needed somewhere to stay. Ever since he had left Coates Academy he had been a sort of wanderer, never staying in one area too long, moving all the time. I don't want people realising i'm from Coates, do I? He reasoned. Even before these grey barriers were up and the adults disappeared, the children of Coates Academy and the children of Perdido Beach had had an... interesting relationship. Perdido Beach; filled with normal, happy kids, minding their own business and enjoying their little lives. And then there was Coates; filled with the rich and the troubled, the narcassistic, the power hungry and the plain nasty. Boone knew where he would rather be, but that didn't mean they would welcome him with open arms.

The former coates student climed up the staircase leisurley and stopped at a random floor. He walked along the narrow corridor and pushed open a door into what he hoped was a vacant room. Damn He thought as he walked into the hotel suite. Within it were two kids, a boy and a girl. The boy was around 11, short, dark-skinned and stupid looking. The girl was older, around his age in fact. She had dark, long hair and, in his opinion, quite a pretty face. His forehead furrowed in frustration. This room was obviously taken, or being fought over by these two. "Umm, hello?" He said, standing in the doorway. "I'm guessing this room is taken, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Lidium smiled at Kara, happy he bought her lie, “Nice to meet you Kara.” She said, “Um, the next level there’s a couple rooms free.” She said. Liddy flipped her hair over her shoulder as she saw another boy, about her age with blonde sort of curly hair and very stunning green eyes. Her eyes met his momentarily before she heard him speak, to her he had a pretty voice to match his stunning features.

“Um, only every now and then. You know, sometimes I need to just get away from the constant fighting and such…” she said, which was more or less true. My real reason, she thought, I need somewhere private to continue on with my own stupid addiction. Lidium was already slightly fascinated by this boy, why she didn’t know.

“I’m Lidium.” She said as she walked over him and put her hand out for him to shake, and naturally it was the arm with the various cuts, “Nice to meet you.” She said smiling brightly at him. She wanted to be a little closer to him, so she could see his features up close.
Back to top Go down
Boone Gilbert

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:31 am

[This is really short and a bit crappy Sorry]

Lidium... He thought. Nice name.

Boone looked at her hand cautiously, as if she was about to attack him with it, and then shook it. "I'm Boo..." He trailed off when he saw the cuts on her arms. He blinked a couple of times in surprise and turned over her arm, somewhat forcefully to inspect them closer. They were definetly self inflicted. Boone may have a rocky and satirical exterior but inside he was just your regular nice guy. He cared for people a little too much in his own opinion. The crying five year olds, the devastated teens and right now he was trying to fathom why anyone would cut their wrists. It was nonsencical. It was stupid. In all of his life he had never met any self-harmers. He had met people with bullimia, terminal depression ad even one person with a split personality disorder, but never a self harmer. Has the FAYZ done this to her? He pondered. It was depressing to think that people were in such bad circumstances that they felt they needed to harm themselves to feel good.

He looked up at the girl with wide eyes. He held her wrist up. "What's this?" He asked, his voice full of concern. He knew that in reality, he had no right to act like this with her. He didn't know her. She didn't know him. But he felt as if he should be looking out for her.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 pm

(That’s okay)
Lidium jumped slightly as he turned her arm over forcefully. She was a little too shocked to try to take it back. He had asked her what they were and she was fairly sure that he wouldn’t but the “I fell into a bush” lie, like Kara had. Lidium wasn’t as quick on her feet as she once was, she used to be able to come up with something so quick, but she was stumped, therefore she was going to see if he would buy her earlier lie, “I tripped and fell in some bushes. It’s nothing really.” She said, still not trying to shake off his grip, like she would have done from anyone else.

If this was before the FAYZ, a guy like him wouldn’t even so much as look her way, but reality was just a state of mind. The FAYZ didn’t even seem real, “So, you’re name is Boo?” she asked, hoping to change the subject and quickly. What an odd name, she thought, but she wasn’t exactly one to talk about odd names. Lidium was an odd name, hell she wasn’t even sure if it was a real name. She was now avoiding eye contact with Boo.
Back to top Go down
Boone Gilbert

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Boone listened to Lidium's blantantly fake excuse with disbelief. He bit his lip and shook his head slightly, his eyes fixated on the fresh cuts. Why would she do this? He still didn't get it. His eyes glanced along the thin cuts that run all the way along her wrist. They weren't bleeding right now but he would bet money, hell he'd bet food that it had been just a few minutes ago. He stared at the young boy who was still in the room, very silent. Did he see something? He was just standing there, seeming a bit bewildered and a wild look in his eyes. Nothing wrong there. He mused. Even now his satirical humour was present. He turned back Lidium. Not realising till now how hard he was gripping her, he released her arm and let it drop to her side. He smiled weakly to try and communicate to her that he believed her pathetic lies. Maybe it would fool the kid in the room but not Boone.

For now he would let it drop.

And she obviously wanted to change the subject hastily as she started to comment on his half finished name. Oddly, he felt slightly embarressed. "Ha, not Boo. Boone Gilbert. Not much better but... yeah." He said with a timid smile. Bushes. He still couldn't forget that. "I was just passing through here looking for a room." He added. Boone heaved his small backpack back unto his shoulder quickly. It was constantly sliding down his arm. It carried a few essentials he had grabbed from Coates before he set out to Perdido. It contained a couple of water bottles, a few crackers, some family photos and a med kit.

After a moments hesitation he took off his backpack and pulled out the first aid kit. He walked past her to sit on the bed in the room and quickly searched through it. Without taking his eyes from the med kit he said. "Sit down." As he pulled out a couple of plasters a part of his brain was protesting. Why was he helping her? Medical supplies were as valuable as silver in the FAYZ. Why waste them on a stranger? He wondered those things himself. But he seemed compelled to help Lidium. She seemed a good person anyway. Although I have been wrong about this stuff before. He reminded himself.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Lidium looked at his smile, and hoped to hell he bought her lie. She was good at it, lying. Over the past few years, she learned that if you convinced yourself that the lie you were telling was true, than when you spoke the lie, it sound like the truth. Lidium was very relieved when he released her arm from a very tight grip. She smiled when she learned his full name, Boone. Like the Boone from Lost, but probably not as moronic as the character. “Boone is a very nice name.” She said, smiling.

“Like I said to Kara, the next level up there’s a couple of free rooms.” Well, she thought, they’re all free. She watched Boone walk by her and sit on the bed. She did as she was told and sat across from him. She was wondering why he was helping a complete stranger, not that she wouldn’t have done the same thing, but he looked like he belonged at Coates. The hair, the eyes, the rich look. He was sort of like Boone from Lost, but with his first aid kit, he seemed more like Jack. She was going to suffer from lack of Lost.

“I’ve never seen you around school or town before. Where are you from?” she asked, without bluntly asking if he was from Coates Academy. She thought that she may have appeared slightly rude to be that blunt, and he was helping her, so she had decided to not be blunt and just come out with the question.

Back to top Go down
Boone Gilbert

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:51 am

At the question Boone's stomah twisted into an akward position but his face stayed the same, fixed on the task at hand. "I'm from out of town." He lied, not able to meet her gaze. "I moved here just in time for the party." Her question showed that she suspected, or knew, that he was from Coates Academy. That was bad. Although he desperatly wanted to tell her he couldn't. He still wasn't sure if he could trust her yet. If she told someone and the person she told told someone else then soon everyone would now. And forgive him for thinking he would be welcome. Boone was not proud of his past, he was among the ones to taunt the kids of Perdido Beach. I hope she didn't recognise me from that.

Gingerly, he placed on the last plaster on her wrist. "There." He said, turning her hand over to admire his handiwork. "It's done." He smiled at Lidium. The First Aid course in Coates really helped. How else would I have put on the bandage. He criticised. Coates Academy would never really be gone from his memory. It would always sneak up on himin moments like this in the form of a joke. "Don't go falling into anymore unusually sharp bushes." He said seriously, looking her straight in the eye. Tension in the room rised. Boone decided to drop it again.

"So what about you?" He asked. "Have you always been at Perdido Beach?"
Back to top Go down
Nola Hollow

Nola Hollow

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:00 pm

((Hmm....Am I the only one conspiring to have Boone become my medical aid? I see it now. He drags Lidium kicking and screaming to Nola's "office" and...I suppose we all become acquainted. *raises eyebrow enigmatically*))
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:52 pm

(sorry for the shortness of this post XD)

Lidium smiled at him, “No more bushes.” She said. No more bushes, she thought, next time I’ll just have to find a different excuse or not be as careless as I was today. Perhaps I should have locked the damn door, she thought to herself. She knew that she needed help and maybe once Boone was closer to her, she could tell him about this, and maybe he could help her. She had tried to get help before, but it only lasted a few weeks before The FAYZ happened. Lidium tucked her hair behind her ear as she tried to remember where she had seen him before, but her mind had drawn a blank. He was nice, he couldn’t have been from Coates.

“I’ve lived here my entire life.” She said, “I just didn’t get out of town before the poof happened.” She said to him and smiled. She looked down at her bandaged arm momentarily before she looked back up at Boone, “Are you scared of what may happen?” she asked quietly, avoiding eye contact.
Back to top Go down
Boone Gilbert

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 pm

[Can't think of anything DX]

Another twist of his gut at the question. Of course Boone was scared of what may happen. To the kids, to himself, to the FAYZ in general. He wasn' less than optimistic when he imagine several scenario's. Violence. Hunger. Cries of despair. Constant chaos and anarchy. Itwas what was bound to come, sooner or later. Boone felt himself tense immediately at his cynical thoughts. He loosened up and answered Lidium with a nervous laugh. "Well, who isn't?"

Boone got up from the bed and walked over to the window, gazing off into the distance. As usual, kids littered the streets, So many kids. "I mean. who knows what will happen? It's up to us what happens." He looked over his shoulder at Lidium. It was true. It was completely up to all of them to make the future what they wanted. They may not know why this happened or whether it would never end, but they should all now it was about time everyone stopped wandering the streets aimlessly and started doing things to make a change. His fists were clenched in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:00 pm

(I can do an icon for Boone if you’d like, also sorry for the shortness)

Lidium stood up and walked over to Boone, she hesitated before she put her hand on his shoulder. It was more or less to comfort, than to let him know that she was behind him. Lidium ran her hand down his arm and unclenched one of his fists, “If we all, Freaks and Normals alike, can live together and be able to help each other, whether they’re strangers or friends, then we may be able to make it through the FAYZ, and whatever else is thrown at us.” She said, smiling at him.

“I’m scared of a lot of things, mostly of dying. I’m not ready for that, or for the poof…” she let her mind wander. I’m also afraid of killing myself because of my addiction, she thought to herself. Lidium’s hand was still on Boone’s, she was unsure if she wanted to take it away or keep it right where it was.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

-- numb |open| Empty
PostSubject: Re: -- numb |open|   -- numb |open| Empty

Back to top Go down

-- numb |open|
Page 1 of 1